Signs of hearing loss in children
Important Signs of Hearing Loss in Children:
Children are sometimes misdiagnosed with compartmental issues, when in some cases the problem may be because of a mild or moderate hearing loss that hasn’t been detected and treated. The following are signs to alert you to seek a hearing professional to have a hearing evaluation.
- Speech delays
- The child seems distracted in the classroom
- Asks for repetition frequently
- Increases the Tv volume
- Has had ear infections often
- Talks loudly
- Don’t follow instructions precisely
- Tells you they have difficulty understanding
- Learning difficulties (replacing some letters and sounds)
- Not responding fast when somebody calls his/her name
- Always turns the head to a specific side to hear better.
- Anxiety or signs of depression